VOLUNTEER FOR BE FREE FOREST SCHOOL
THANK YOU FOR your interest in volunteering for Be Free Forest School! In order to volunteer you’ll be required to hold a current DBS check, which the school can arrange. In order for us to plan and run successful sessions we would need volunteers to commit to attending on a regular basis. Forest school sessions last one hour, run 4 times on a Monday and run for a whole school term.
We need volunteers to assist us in helping with activities. Forest school encourages independence, allows choice and risk taking. This is only possible with a high ratio of adults to children, which is why volunteers are so important – thank you!
AS A VOLUNTEER HELPER WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?
We have forest school so that our children will:
- learn to love and respect nature
- be adventurous and confident
- recognise and understand their own emotions
- manage their own learning.
The children learn through play – it’s important therefore that you:
- are playful yourself
- ensure children feel safe
- encourage participation
- allow children to lead you and let them be in control
- allow children to repeat activities
- stay present – no mobile phones on show
- avoid chatting for more than a few minutes with other adults
- allow the children to be alone if they wish to be
- allow safe risk taking.
Company number: 11497915